Nobody likes packing bags and the thought of a pregnancy bag seems even more daunting. What if you forget something? What's generally allowed into the hospital? We’ve put together a handy Hospital Checklist to help prepare for the arrival of your little bub.
- Breastfeeding bras.
- An old nightie or a shirt to wear during labour.
- A light gown or robe, as hospitals tend to be on the warm side.
- Your fave pair of slippers
- Plenty ( and we mean plenty) of your most comfy (daggy) underwear!
- Loose, front opening tops for breastfeeding.
- Some cuddly and warm socks
- Clothing for your return journey home
- Flat shoes
- Your weekend toilet bag complete with moisturiser, toothbrush and toothpaste, body wash, shampoo, conditioner, and deodorant
- A nice smelly nourishing Lip balm
- Some absorbent breast pads
- Massage oil or lotion if you’d like to be massaged during your labour.
- Hair ties!
- Spectacles or contact lenses
- Birth plan
- Phone and camera chargers
- Clothing bags for dirty items
- Non-preishable snacks and change for coffee machine
- Sugar-free candy to help keep your mouth moist during labour
- Some entertainment to pass the time if you’re in there a while. Music, books or magazines.
- A list of important contact numbers
- Loose change for parking, treats or to use the pay phone. Some hospital areas won’t allow the use of your mobile